A couple’s relationship is not all the time the sweet lovey-dovey one. No matter how similar and agreeable the couple is to one another, they will fight at one point. Is it normal for a couple to fight? Yes, it is. However, it is not a bad sign in a relationship. It is actually a good one.
Why Do Couples Fight?
There are many reasons actually. But, the most common reasons and some situations why couples fight about that are as follows:
- He or She spends too much or recklessly.
- He or She is so strict with spending.
- He or She earns more than the other.
- He or She feels like the house is overcrowded if the in-laws live with them.
- He or She thinks their privacy as couples is compromised.
- His or Her extended family do not get along with her or him.
- His or Her extended family snoops in their relationship and personal issues.
- He or She does too much housework and she or he is not helping around.
- He or She contributes avoidable extra housework.
- He or She feels underappreciated with his or her work around the house.
- He or She spends most of his or her time with work and kids than her or him.
- He or She is too tired to get intimate with the other.
- He or She feels that their relationship is losing physical intimacy.
- He or She neglects the needs of his or her significant other.
But even though that is the case, a couple’s relationship is strengthened by these arguments.
How Are Couples Fighting A Good Sign?
Below are some ways how fighting with one another is a good sign in a couple’s relationship and why they are supposed to fight.
They Are Comfortable With One Another
If he or she can stand up against his or her partner, it means he or she is not afraid of his significant other. It also signifies that he or she will not keep silent and later on walk out the door. He or She will stay and talked about their differences. This also means that they are well-suited to each other. They will not end things because of some choices they made.
Their Passion For Each Other Is Deep-Rooted
When a couple fights one another, their passion is very deep-rooted. He or She will not fight her or him if he or she is not passionate about her or him, their relationship, and the problems that come with their relationship. The best part of their fight is the aftermath. It simply means that the harder they fight, the sweeter they make up. If they often fight, they often have sweet makeup moments.
They Respect One Another
Arguments are not always a shouting competition. It is actually an intense discussion of their different views. This means both him and her are strong-willed people. They are not dependent or submissive to the opinions of the other. Couples must agree to disagree meaning they should stand their own ground while accepting the other despite his or her views. Meeting halfway is usually the solution.
They Want To Solve Their Problems Together
He or She will not raise the argument if he or she does not want to solve their problems together. If he or she kept silent or solve the problem on his or her own, this will not solve the problem completely. It can only be beneficial to one side and will, later on, destroy the relationship. Couple must be together from thick to thin.
Are couples supposed to argue? Yes. Arguments make their relationship stronger and healthier. Why do couples fight? Whether it is something important or anything ridiculous, if they truly love each other, they will find ways to amend it. With their love, they can conquer any hurdle in their relationship.